Do you have any idea what HVAC refrigerant and freon means? How do you know if you have one or how to identify a leak?
An air conditioning or heat pump system is secured and you can detect a leak if it is low on refrigerant.
Identifying Refrigerant and Freon Leaks
Right here are some ways we can find leaks:
- Visual evaluation for traces of oil leaking with the refrigerant.
- Using a high viscosity bubble leak detector remedy on joint and link.
- A halide leak discovery tool.
- Electronic leak detector instruments.
- A shot of fluorescent color and unique light detection method.
- The best method is nitrogen, High Pressure.
What are the reasons for refrigerant or freon leaks?
A few of the possible reasons are:
- System resonance over a time period.
- Misuse or damage from outside sources.
- Copper/aluminum stress fractures as a result of age and also/ or vibrations.
- Service valves wear out overtime.
Why is it important to find the refrigerant leak immediately?
- The HVAC system runs much less successfully with more power intake when only ounces low on refrigerant.
- Compressor life is shortened. Motor gets less air conditioning when low on charge.
- Refrigerant, as well as services, are expensive
- Acid, as well as contamination, damages your compressor, creating premature unit failure.
What happens when you detect a leak?
- Remove and also appropriately deal with (or recondition) infected refrigerant, if necessary.
- Mechanically fix the leak with tools or lantern.
- Install acid and/or moisture taking in filter drier( s).
- Completely vacuum the system with a unique high air pump to get rid of all air and moisture.
- Recharge the system with refrigerant and also test run.
Call Grand Strand Heating And Cooling if you need help in addressing problems with your HVAC systems.
Grand Strand Heating And Cooling
Myrtle Beach, SC