There are numerous issues you could run into with your Myrtle Beach heat pump. Understanding the best ways to repair these issues, particularly if they occur frequently and if they need fundamental repair, would help you save money and time. In this post, you will cover the three top most common problems with your heat pump and ways to fix them.
Heat pump power issues
A heat pump which fails to start correctly is a sure sign that it has power issues. Specialists concur that this is could be because of an issue with your thermostat or the system’s failure to conduct power appropriately. Below are some points you could do to settle this trouble:
- Examine all the breaker and electric panels that provide electrical energy to your heat pump. If it does not work properly, it could be caused by a tripped circuit breaker. In case this happens, just reset the breaker by turning it off then wait a few minutes before turning it back on. If this happens frequently, call Grand Strand Heating and Cooling professionals in your area.
- Ensure you have the best type of thermostat set up with your heat pump. Remember that there are specific thermostats produced to work efficiently with a heat pump. If none of this makes your heat pump start properly, have a specialist check the electrical wiring of your thermostat. Your thermostat may not be wired correctly, harming your heat pump’s digital components and preventing the system from correctly conducting power and successfully operating.
Heat pump air changes
If you discover that your heat pump is generating cooler air compared to what it generally does, you must consider these factors:
- The appropriate thermostat setup
Among the usual causes of the adjustments in air temperature level from your heat pump is the wrong setup in your thermostat. The initial setups might have been inadvertently changed the last time you cleaned your house. Try to see if it remains in the ideal temperature level setup.
- Unclean or clogged up heat pump filter
When was the last time you changed or cleansed your heat pump filter? If you are utilizing your heat pump more often than before, it may be that its filters can become dirty easily. Try to see if the filters require cleaning or changing.
- Unclean coils in the exterior condensing system
Similar to filters, the coils of your heat pump’s exterior condensing device could become dirty easily especially if used frequently. Follow the manufacturer’s guide to cleaning and replacing it. Calling Grand Strand Heating and Cooling for a maintenance check before the heat of summer sets in is the best way to prevent problems this summer.
Overheating heat pump
You’ll know that your Myrtle Beach heatpump is overheating if it switches on and off frequently. According to heating and cooling professionals, this could result from a blocked filter or damage and malfunctioning blower. If you observe your heat pump cycles regularly, you may need to look at the filters as well as change or cleanse them if they are dirty and also loaded with dust.
For more questions about your Myrtle Beach heat pump, call Grand Strand Heating And Cooling.
Grand Strand Heating And Cooling
Myrtle Beach, SC