The HVAC system is the most used furniture inside every home. This is why homeowners are continually seeking for ways on how to maximize their use of their heating and cooling systems so that they’re not paying a lot of money for utility bills and energy expenses. Fortunately, there are energy efficient furnaces already made available today in the market.
On the other hand, there are lots of available energy efficient furnaces in the market today that you may be having a difficult time finding the one that will suit your home and your needs.
If you are considering buying an energy efficient HVAC system, these tips may help you.
- Consider the size of your home when choosing an energy efficient surface. Make sure the unit you are going to buy is big enough to provide cool air or heat throughout your house. Keep in mind that an energy efficient furnace is 30-40% bigger than your home heating requirements.
- An energy efficient furnace is has at least 95% annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE). Remember that the higher this percentage, the more energy efficient is the furnace.
- If there is no annual fuel utilization efficiency in the HVAC system, look for the ENERGY STAR seal. This would mean that the unit you are considering buying has high AFUE percentage. Energy Star requires a minimum of 95% AFUE.
- Choose a heating and cooling system with two-stage or multi-stage burners. These types of furnaces are more energy efficient (at least 5%-8% more) than single-stage burners.
- Look at the fan motor when purchasing your heating and cooling system. Direct current (DC) or Electronically commutated motor (ECM) are the best types and most cost-efficient fan motor. They use only 200 watts to run. This is a huge decrease compared to the 800 watts required to run an AC fan motor.
- Purchase a programmable thermostat. This is a great and worthy investment if you really want to save money on your utility bills. You can use this to program the temperature settings of the house, especially when you are not at home or during the night. There are even some thermostats that you can access remotely using your smart phone to adjust the settings when you’re still at the office and switch it on when you’re on the way home.
Speak with an HVAC professional now to ensure that you will purchase the most suitable energy efficient system for your home. Call Grand Strand Heating And Cooling now.
Grand Strand Heating And Cooling
Myrtle Beach, SC
Your partners in choosing the best HVAC for you and your home.