Myrtle Beach homeowners are well aware of how important proper care and maintenance is for their air conditioning units. Aside from the savings they could generate from not paying for the repairs and replacements, properly taking care and maintaining air conditioning units, especially during cold months, helps ensure the comfort of your entire family.
Keep in mind that your air conditioning and heating units work harder during the winter season to help keep your family warm and comfortable. You need to return the favor by properly taking care of your HVAC units.
Below are guidelines that you can follow to properly take care of your Myrtle Beach air conditioning units.
1.Replace filter at least once every 3 months – If you use disposable air filters, you need to replace them at least once every 3 months. If you use your air conditioners more frequently, replace it more often. You can also consider using reusable air filters so you won’t have to buy air filters repeatedly. Reusable filters can be washed and replaced back to your unit. Speak with your air conditioner manufacturer and ask for recommendations on reusable air filters.
2. Check the efficiency of your Myrtle Beach air conditioning unit – Sometimes, even though you properly take care and maintain your units, problems still arise. This is most specifically true for older units. To effectively know whether or not your unit has problems, you will need to check and measure its efficiency by checking the temperature of the air that it blows as well as by listening to unusual sounds it makes when operating.
You’ll know that your Myrtle Beach air conditioning unit is not working properly if there is at least 15-18 degrees difference between the temperature of the air that it blows out and the temperature that comes in through the air vent. Likewise, if you hear unusual buzzing noise or thumps while your unit is operating, you will need to call in a professional and have them do a full check on your air conditioner.
3. Learn proper use and setting of the thermostat – Each member of the household should learn how to properly use and set the thermostat. Don’t let younger kids play with the thermostat setting. To prevent this from happening, make sure you install the thermostat somewhere that is inaccessible to the kids’ little curious hands.
If you want to arrive at an already warm home after going out for the day, invest on automatic thermostats which you can automatically set to start warming up the house 30 minutes before you arrive. There are thermostats that you can even control using your smartphone if you are not sure what time you will be home.
Schedule Repairs With Heating And Cooling Myrtle Beach Experts
One of the most critical responsibilities of homeowners is scheduling their central air systems for repairs and maintenance with heating and air Myrtle Beach professionals. Even if you regularly clean and take better care of your HVAC system, problems and damages can still arise. This is why many homeowners benefit from scheduling a heating and Grand Strand Heating And Cooling to conduct an overall inspection of their HVAC units and check for signs of a problem or needed repair.
According to many industry experts, regularly scheduling heating and cooling units for overall cleaning and maintenance helps prevent expensive repairs. This is in addition to the regular cleaning that you do to keep your heat pump running smoothly and efficiently. Remember that the basic cleaning that you do helps keep dust and debris from accumulating in the vents and filters and, eventually, clogging the entire system. Professional cleaning and maintenance, on the other hand, helps keep your heating and cooling system in tip-top shape so that it will not fail you when you need them the most, particularly during summer and winter seasons.
Another great benefit of regularly scheduling your HVAC units for professional cleaning and maintenance is that it helps your system become more energy efficient. If your heating and cooling units are working efficiently and in need of no repairs, then it will function and operate efficiently as well and not use a lot of energy even if you leave it on for 24 hours. Plus, the residential heating and air Myrtle Beach company that you are working with can provide you with suggestions and recommendation on how to make your home more energy efficient to help your heating and cooling units produce and maintain a suitable indoor temperature.
When to schedule for professional cleaning and maintenance?
The best time to schedule your heating and cooling units for professional cleaning and maintenance is during the change of seasons – like now in the spring. This is when the weather is really nice outside, not too cold as in the height of winter or summer and this is when you are less frequently using your heating and cooling unit.
Basically, the services included in the heating and air Myrtle Beach inspection and tune-up includes the following:
- Cleaning air filters, replacing them if necessary.
- Removing all debris from the compressor housing. Note that dust and debris can accumulate here especially when you use your heating and cooling units around the clock.
- Checking all ductwork for the presence of any clogs or blocks and removing them. These clogs will make it more difficult for the system to function and produce cold or warm air. As a result, it will use a lot of electricity and cause your monthly utility bills to increase.
There are other services included in the overall inspection and maintenance. If you have not hired an air conditioning contractor to work with, you should begin looking for one now even if your heating and cooling units are not yet due for a checkup. It helps if you have a professional service contractor you can call when your system fails or breaks down.
Call Grand Strand Heating And Cooling, Inc. now and inquire about their heating and air Myrtle Beach services.
Grand Strand Heating And Cooling
Myrtle Beach, SC